Sunday 10 April 2011

On Friday after getting back from Berlin I changed hosts from Marcel to Marie because Marie and her father were taking me to a concert. I was absolutely blown away by how awesome Marie's house is and her whole family is also really nice and easy to get along with. After settling into the huge room they gave me Marie and I rode bikes to her grandparent's house and they showed me through their huge property which seemed to contain about 10 separate houses. (This may have actually happened on Saturday, my memory is a bit broken.) Later that night I went to the Jamiroquai concert with Marie and her Dad. I really enjoyed it although we had to stand up for about 3 hours and by the end my back hurt. After the concert Marie and I went to the house of one of her friends and I met some people then we went home and I slept.

On Saturday morning we prepared a bonfire for Saturday night. The rest of the day we mainly just relaxed and didn't do too much which was a relief after a very busy week. That night all the New Zealand students and their hosts plus a couple of Marie's other friends came around for a party and bonfire. The party went well and I'm pretty sure everyone had a good time.

Today(Sunday) I woke up pretty late then after breakfast I went with Marie's family to the "Spagelmarkt"? I think that's what it's called. It's to do with asparagus. It was mainly just a big market/fair thing with lots of people trying to sell off their unwanted junk. However there was also some good food and I had a Bratwurst which I discovered is pretty much just a barbecued sausage like we have in New Zealand. There was also a big forest thing right beside the fair with semi-wild deer and pigs in it. They were fenced off. The forest has a high ropes course in it like the one in that place in New Zealand that I forgot the name of. Hopefully some of the people reading this know what I mean. My host family said they're going to take me there next week which will be cool. I think Abby and Hayley said they did it yesterday. Finally at about 3 some of Marie's friends came round and we had a barbecue then they went home and then I wrote this/am writing this.

So far Germany has been an amazing experience and I'm not looking forward to it ending.

The End.

By Charlie

Oh and I didn't take any photos this weekend so I'm not going to post any photos.

1 comment:

  1. charlie's younger brother10 April 2011 at 20:54

    Germany sounds awesom!

    ReplyDelete